Terms & Conditions
- Entrant must be a naturally born genetic female.
- You must be 13 years right up to 19 years old to qualify for the princesses’ pageant.
- You must be older than 19 or younger than 40 to qualify for the queen pageant.
- You must be a South African citizen with a valid SA ID passport or birth certificate.
- Foreign Nationals may enter with a valid work permit.
- A Matric Certificate or “equivalent qualification” is not required.
- Married women may enter.
- May have had a previous marriage or engagement annulled.
- You can be engaged.
- You cannot be pregnant for the duration of the pageant. However, having children does not hinder your winning chances.
- If contestant falls pregnant during the duration of the pageant, you will be disqualified.
- Contestants with criminal records of violation towards another human being such as: rape, murder abuse WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED INTO THE PAGEANT. However, a police clearance will be required for minor altercations with the law such as: traffic fines etc.
- English is the official language of the Pageant. It is a requirement for delegates to speak English. However, provisions are made for all other 10 official South African languages
- You must be “truthful in respect of all matters in relation to the runner-up in the pageant, the pageant itself and the period of the pageant”.
- Any “false information submitted” will lead to your disqualification.
- Tattoos and Piercings are allowed
- Gold teeth are allowed
- Entrant affirms that contestant will continue to be a person of good moral character.
- Former winners of other profound pageants are not eligible to compete in the same division but may re-enter once their status changes such that they become eligible for a different division.
Clause on disability
The People’s Pageant will not be catering for disabled people at the People’s Pageant at this time, however, The People’s Disability Pageant will be coming soon.
Code of Conduct
- Delegates shall not bring in to disrepute, The Peoples Queen or Peoples Princess titles or the Licensee or the Promoter or any person associated with them.
- Entrant affirms that she is and will continue to be a person of good moral character; that she has not committed and will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standards of public morals and conventions or that will reflect unfavourably on the pageant.
- Delegate will conduct herself in a courteous, professional manner always during The Peoples Pageant.
- Delegate will not slander or libel other contestants, judges, The Peoples Pageant’s staff, or anyone else involved with or connected to the Pageant.
- Defamatory verbal and/or written remarks against The Peoples Pageant, will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of any and all prizes and awards won, and legal charges will be taken.
- Any delegate found publicly posting slanderous remarks on public forums, social networking sites or any other public domain will be immediately disqualified, and legal action will be taken.
- Good sportsmanship is always expected from delegate.
- Disruptive behaviour before, during, or after the Pageant is not permitted.
The People’s Pageant SA Entrants’ mandatory agreement if selected as the winner in The People’s Pageant SA finale:
- Winners are expected to give their time and energy to this title, however we will support you if you wish to compete in other pageant systems during your reign. We do ask that we are informed before you send your entry.
- If selected as a The Peoples Queen/Princess winner agrees that a contract will be signed pertaining to the code of conduct, work, including modelling, television and film, that the winners undertake during their reign.
- To look solely to The People’s Pageant SA Director with respect to all matters relating to her application, rules, regulations, policies, preparation, rehearsal, performance and selection process, and all other matters relating to the pageant.
- The Peoples Pageant SA (All Divisions), employees, and pageant personnel are not responsible for accidents, injury or theft incurred at the time of The People’s Pageant SA or travel to and from.
- The Peoples Pageant SA, Inc. is not responsible for negligence or fraud on the part of pageant sponsors, judges, or contract vendors (e.g., photographer, videographer, etc.) who may be providing products or services to delegates and winners at The People’s Pageant SA Finale.
- The Peoples Pageant SA is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage caused to any and all prizes, gifts, and awards bestowed upon entrant after these items become the property of entrant.
- Entrant agrees to incur replacement and/or repair costs to lost, stolen, or damaged items including but not limited to: crown/tiara, sash, plaques, trophies, etc.
- That the date/venue of The People’s Pageant is subject to change and in such a case, the entrant is not eligible for a refund.
- That prizes given by The People’s Pageant SA sponsors to prize winners are not the responsibility of The Peoples Pageant SA and we cannot be held liable for any sponsor not fulfilling their prizes to winners.
- That entrants under 18 years will always be accompanied during the finals by a parent or legal guardian and they are the sole responsibility of the parent/legal guardian. They are not the responsibility of The Peoples Pageant SA.
- All fees paid to The Peoples Pageant SA are NON-REFUNDABLE and NOT TRANSFERABLE in full or in part for under any circumstances.
- This includes, but is not limited to entry fees, advertising fees, pageant admission ticket sales fees, guest meal fees and any other fees paid to The Peoples Pageant SA by anyone including, but not limited to, delegates, sponsors, and advertisers.
Photography & Videography – Minors
- Adults accompanying Delegates, who are under 18 years of age as of the pageant date, authorise the right for Photography & Videography for The Peoples Pageant SA.
- This includes Internet, websites, printed publications, all events leading to, and including, The People’s Pageant SA.
Disqualification / Title Relinquishment
- If delegate is disqualified or relinquishes, for any reason, any title awarded to her, all prizes must be returned in full, and in condition received.
- Delegates are required to make their own travel arrangements.
- The Peoples Pageant SA is not responsible for arranging travel or intervening / resolving disputes involving travel to the pageant competition.
Publicity and Promotion
- By virtue of participation in The People’s Pageant SA, delegate agrees to allow The People’s Queen and Princess, the right to use her name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information for purposes of publicity and promotion now and in the future.
- Delegate understands that her name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information may be used on the internet, in print advertising, press releases and merchandise related to The People’s Pageant SA (e.g., t-shirts, tote bags, hats, other apparel, mouse pads, and other promotional materials.)
- Delegate agrees that photographs submitted to The Peoples Pageant SA may be used for publicity and promotion by The Peoples Pageant SA.
- The delegate must own the copyright to these images or have obtained permission prior to submission.
- Delegate agrees to release The Peoples Pageant SA from liability for any injury resulting from publicity and promotion.
- Delegate agrees to waive any and all compensation for use of her name, likeness, voice, and /or biographical information for purposes of publicity and promotion.
The People’s Pageant SA entrant agrees to abide by the above rules.
- If an entrant fails to abide by the above rules and/or brings The Peoples Pageant SA, into disrepute, for which a decision will be made at the Director’s digression, The People’s Pageant SA Director has the right to terminate the entrant’s contract immediately, reclaim the entrant’s sash and authorise the deletion of all photos containing The People’s Pageant Sash & crown.
- By submitting the entry form and fee(s) to The Peoples Pageant SA, delegate agrees to abide by all policies, rules and regulations set forth by The People’s Pageant SA.